Monday, September 10, 2012

Julie was in Time OUT!


I had the pleasure of spending this weekend with my big sister.  

*history*

Julie is 12 years older than I am.  She raised me.  Why?  Because she could.  My mom was always around, but I remember Julie more.  She made sure I was always doing what I was supposed to be doing.  I even remember her taking me on the city bus downtown.  I was no older than 2.  It's one my my earliest memories.  I was scolded by the driver to sit down.  (Julie was not driving the bus)!!!  

When she was nannying in Boston in the late 80's we were pen pals. She even knew about my boyfriend Andrew Hensley!  She would ask about him on the back of postcards!  Distance in miles, not in heart.  She sent me a check for $20 for my birthday.  It was the most money I ever had.  It was a Suzy Zoo check.  I loved it.  

*end history*....for now.

This past weekend I had the chance to spend some great time with her.  I am LDS and although Julie is not, she went to Time Out For Women with me, our cousin September, Aunt Jen, and some of my dear friends from church.  It is a weekend filled with inspirational singing, speakers and good ol' fashioned girl power!  Julie was a trooper.  She was not feeling 100% from having chemo that week, but pushed through it.  Zach was a call away to come and get her if she needed it.  

We had some good laughs, good feelings, and it was a good get a way!  You don't forget that your sister has cancer.  There were reminders there of beautiful women, with scarves on their head because they are fighting too.  But you are more sensitive to your sister being alive.  I am thankful everyday that Julie is taking this one day at a time.  

I don't let myself go "there" very often.  The very thought of Julie leaving me before I am ready opens an ocean of sorrow that swallows me whole.  So instead, I treasure making her laugh.  I send her pictures of my kids doing silly things.  And we pray everyday for her comfort.  

And now I am crying....so onto the pictures!!!!!! 



Lunch at PF Changs!  It was so yummy~  Thank you Jen Alvi for getting the table for all of us!!!
 Candace loves Julie soooooo much!!!!!!
 Just a small portion of our beautiful family!!!


 These are some of my friends from church who were there.  Thanks to all of you who welcomed Julie.
 Me and Sarge ;)
It feels very "Hollywood" to travel with your "stylist".  We are that cool!


***Highlights***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyX-I-um5Kk This was the amazing musical performer on Saturday.  This is a video she showed to us.  I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx3sSZTuOyA&feature=youtube_gdata_player And this is one of the most amazing speakers you will ever hear!



Thank you for letting me spend the weekend with you Julie........

ONE MORE DAY.............. JK.....LOL......DON'T KILL ME.


~Alli

2 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful weekend and the best part with having Julie there to share it with us! I'm so glad I got to be there! You girls are so blessed to have such beautiful and kind sisters (and cousins and aunts and so ...) to rely on. Love you Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome post. So glad you were able to go and spend some quality time with Julie. You brought tears to my eyes right after I stopped laughing at the Hensley reminder. Man that was a long time ago. Kick butt Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete